Photobucket

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Random Happenings of the Past Few Days

I haven't had much time to post lately, so I'll just give a brief recap of the last few days, for my own journaling purposes.

*Saturday Jason played in a UVSC outdoor volleyball tournament and he and his partner took first place! It was fun watching them and I love outdoor tournaments so much more than indoor. And I'm always much happier when he comes home with prizes or money from the tournament.

* I went with Nani and her exchange student to see "Night at the Museum". It was such a fun movie. I really enjoyed it and it makes me want to study history more (even though it's not really about history).

*I've been tutoring like crazy a couple hours a day because it's finals week. It's so fun for me. I'm such a nerd, I think, but I really do enjoy helping people study and learn math and science. Right now it's mostly Chemistry which I never really liked very much in college, but I still find myself enjoying it so much. Weird.

*Yesterday Britton read 3 whole books to me all by himself! They are just short, beginning ones with all words that you can sound out. But, he's really loving reading and is so good at sounding out words. It's a fun thing for us to do together.

*It's our neighborhood cleanup this week, so we have dumpsters placed throughout the neighborhood. So, I've been making more time for yard work. And I'm more motivated to go through things and get rid of some things. It's fun.

Other than that, we've just been doing all the regular things like karate, soccer, Young Women's, playgroups, etc. plus trying to get passports and all the other things done that we need to for going to China. So, we've been keeping quite busy. But, it's a fun busy.

1 comment:

Beth & John said...

Jason won a tournament? I admit he's sort of good, but first place?! Was it NOVICE? Okay, I just realized that I'm talking smack via the web. I know, pretty lame. Tell Jason I'm proud of him. I guess I'm just wondering how he did it without my skills....

John