Photobucket

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Count My Blessings

I was really blessed today coming home from Hong Kong. I was quite nervous because it's not always the easiest thing riding the crowded subway with kids, getting the right bus at the right time, doing two different border crossings, and then just being on a bus for 3 hours. It's always hectic and stressful even with Jason's help, I was really dreading doing it alone. But, everything worked out perfectly. So, here's a list of my blessings in coming home:
*Getting a seat on the subway from the very beginning
*Arriving at the bus station at 10:05 and having tickets available for the 10:15 bus to Clifford.
*A very uncrowded bus so we got the whole back seat to ourselves (actually the whole back half of the bus was empty so I didn't have to worry about my kids bothering anyone)
*Easy border crossings--no lines at all both when leaving Hong Kong and when entering China (this NEVER happens)
*Quick border crossings and not very many people on the bus meant that we got home a lot quicker--only 2 1/2 hour bus ride instead of 3 or 3 1/2 hours.
*My angel kids--they really were so good the whole time (this isn't always the case)

I was very happy to return home safe and sound. Then I was also surprised (and blessed) when my Aiee showed up with her son to clean our house. She didn't know that we had changed our plans and she thought we were going to be gone for the next few weeks. We had given her the whole time off, but she wanted to come and deep clean our house while we were gone. She is really quite amazing. So, she cleaned all afternoon while her son played with my kids and I got to sort through some things and unpack and help clean without feeling completely overwhelmed. (We left in kind of a rush Sunday night and the house was more than a little chaotic.) As I sit here in a nice, clean, warm house, I am truly grateful for all of my blessings. Today could have been a really hard day on me, but even though I am sad that Jason is going to be gone for the next few weeks, it turned out to be such a nice day.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Hey friend. Miss you and wish you were coming home with Jason. Funny thought about the subway. Must be universal. When we were in New York if we were taking the subway all the way home it was always on our mind if we were getting on at the right spot to have a seat the whole way!

Aaron said...

Two things are great about this post. 1)It's great you had so many blessings; and 2) It's awesome that you were able to recognize them as blessings. Someone's looking out for you, for sure. You are in our prayers.