Photobucket

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Beware of Pride

I recently re-read Ezra Taft Benson's talk, "Beware of Pride". It is one of my all time favorite talks. It's very enlightening and eye-opening to the sin of pride and all its aspects. One of the major themes in the Book of Mormon is how pride leads to the downfall of people and nations. I can really see that happening in the world today. In the middle of an economic crisis, I think it's not hard to see the devastating effects of pride on this nation.
Anyway, I have really been feeling like it's something that I need to focus on in my life right now. At the end of the talk, President Benson gives 8 things that we can do to choose to be humble and get rid of our pride. Over the next little while, I'm going to focus my studies on these 8 things and hopefully share some of my thoughts on this blog.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Nate introduced me to this talk, he loves it so much. I'm excited to follow your thoughts about it and maybe pick up some good habits myself.

Rochelle said...

I am glad that I don't have a problem with pride...

JK - I love that talk, thanks for reminding me about it, I'll read it again

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

So good to read that one again, Thanks for the link.