Photobucket

Monday, October 13, 2008

BYU Homecoming 5k

Saturday morning I braved the cold, cold weather to run in the BYU Homecoming 5k. I am so glad that I did it. I have been saying that I wanted to do a race ever since I got home from China, but I always talk myself out of even signing up. There's always some excuse. So, this week, I just signed up and made myself do it, even though I probably was better prepared for it a few months ago. I didn't have too many expectations going into the race since I haven't been running much these days. My goal was just to run the whole way without stopping and I did that. So, I was happy. My time ended up being 30:07 which I was okay with. I had to stop to tie my shoe twice so next race I'll have to remember to double knot. :) I forgot how good it feels to finish a race. It was a great way to start my day, even if it was snowing at the beginning and freezing the whole time.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Great Job!!! I love racing (every once and a while...)

dlkenney said...

Congrats

Madame said...

You rock, you may already be way too fast to do the Goblin Gallop with me :) j/k