Photobucket

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Homesick

I'm really missing China right now. I've had several dreams lately that I was still there. I miss the simple life. I miss my friends. I miss being able to travel.

It doesn't help that this week is vacation time there. I keep thinking how we could be in Vietnam this week. And then planning a trip to Australia for Chritmas/Chinese New Year. I've always loved to travel and see new places. Guangzhou was such a central location with travel possibilities to so many different cool places. And it was much more affordable than travel is here.

This weekend Jason and I are going to Logan for the BYU/Utah State football game. Then in a few weeks, we may go to St. George and Las Vegas. As fun as these things are, it's just not quite the same as Halong Bay or the Great Barrier Reef. I guess, for now, I'll just have to keep visiting these places in my dreams.

2 comments:

Aloha_Misty said...

Oh I know a little of how you feel. Greg and I miss the beach and sites of Hawaii! It just isn't the same to go play in the backyard when the grass is full of fire ants and the beach isn't there!

Desiree said...

Go Aggies! ;)