Photobucket

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Conquering Enmity--Part 3

There were two more scriptures that went along with conquering enmity: D&C 81:5 and D&C 84:106. I will share some of the things I learned from each one.

D&C 81:5 "Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed you; succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees."
This was an interesting scripture to me to go along with getting rid of enmity. But, when I thought about it, it made me realize that any calling we have in this life is a call to serve not to be over anyone. And this isn't just in church callings, but in any position we find ourselves in in this life. So, what are my callings right now? wife, mother, sister, daughter, teacher, friend, neighbor And, how can I serve in each capacity? I need to try harder to succor the weak, lift up hands, and strengthen feeble knees.

D&C 84:106 "And if any man among you be strong in the Spirit, let him take with him him that is weak, that he may be edified in all meekness, that he may become strong also."
Here are some questions that this scripture inspired:
*What are my strengths?
*How can they be used to help others?
*What are my weaknesses?
*How can I allow others to help strengthen me?
I am still trying to answer these and incorporate them in my life.

No comments: